Monday, July 21, 2014

Design Wall Monday (and Sunday Stash Report)

I have no clue why but I never got on here to post my Sunday stash report so will do that first.

Fabric I used this week was for 2 table runner tops, a couple of backings and gave a little wine themed fabric away to a friend.   So my current stats are:

Fabric purchased this week:  ZERO!!!
Fabric used this week:  5.5 yards

Fabric purchased YTD:  111.75
Fabric used YTD:  201,.75

Net fabric used in 2014:  89.75 yards

The zero purchase/added this week was great.  I know I can't have that again this coming week with going to the Hershey Quilt Show on Saturday but I am going to try and go with a couple of "missions" so I only look for those fabrics.   I know I won't totally stick to that but I do so much better when I have a mission to accomplish.   Right now I will be in search of a sort of ugly green to go with some crab fabric I have.  Will have to spend part of the week going through projects I have and see what else I can specifically look for.

As for the design wall part of my posting, unfortunately I don't have anything on there right now.  I have several projects in the works (batik quilt for our bed, charm quilt for Mandy if she likes it and two charm fall table runners I stared on Thursday) but nothing on the wall right now.

I did decorate the trees on this table runner with crystals so thought I would show that.


I am not going to set any specific quilting goals this week.  I have several small customer items to quilt so that will probably take a lot of my sewing time.  In addition I have a couple of appointments this week, the bus trip to Hershey and also get ready to move the DD home for a few weeks.  College apartments have an 11 month lease so she needs to move home for a few weeks and then the end of August back right into the same building, just a different apartment.  It would be so much easier if her stuff could just be moved from one apartment to another but the building uses those few weeks of no one in the building to do all the maintenance, painting, repairs etc.

So will be a busy week, hope to work on at least one of my projects for awhile.


5 comments:

Mary said...

Have fun in Hershey! Good to have a plan. Don't forget the Chocolate.

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Your tree quilt is great. Sounds like you are a very busy person.

Betty said...

Control, lol at Hershey quilt show. lol I like your tree, Very nice runner

Bonnie said...

That's a cute tree. I too do better with a shopping list. This row by row is bulking up my stash. Plus, I've been gone a lot this month so no doubt I will be adding to my stash not depleting.

Have lots of fun at Hershey. Some day I will go to it again.

kwiltnkats said...

Have a wonderful time at the quilt show. Hope you find everything you NEED and get something you WANT!!!