Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sunday Stash Report - April 20, 2014

This turned into the week of table runners.  I cut out a couple of new ones, sewed up some that I have had in process and started another one out of the left over black and white fabrics from the quilts I made.  Now I just need to get the ambition to get some of them quilted.  Some weeks I feeling like quilting and others don't want to stand at the machine and would rather be piecing something new.

I saw the focus fabric for this first runner at a quilt shop a couple of weeks ago and loved the kind of modern look to it.  Luckily I had fabric in my stash that was a perfect go with.


This second runner was also made out of a new focus fabric combined with fabrics I already had.  This has a softer spring look to it.   This one was actually made after cutting the focus fabric wrong.  Since I had only bought 1/2 yard of it and wanted to salvage the fabric it became this little 4 patch and squares runner.


My stats for the week are pretty good.  I did buy an orange fabric (didn't have anything close to matching) and the backing for a couple of runners but also used up a fair amount.

Fabric purchased this week:  3 yards (orange and backing)
Fabric purchased YTD:  36.95 (not bad!)

Fabric used this week:  7.25 yards (various runners and runner backings)
Fabric used YTD:  109.50 (good but need to step it up to reach personal goal of 100 yards per quarter)


No comments: