Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday Stash Report - April 13, 2014

This was a week where I did a reasonable amount of sewing but also hit a few fabric stores.  Went along for the ride with a couple of friends to one shop and purchased a couple of half yard pieces of fabric for table runners and a yard of fabric that goes with a panel that I already had.  Loved lots more of their fabrics but I didn't need anything and they are also the most expensive quilt shop in the area.

Yesterday we took a ride to Fredericksburg, VA to look around a bunch of their small antique shops and managed to also find a few fabric stores.  I just looked in most of them but bought some white with pin dot black fabric that will go with so many different projects and a piece of baby fabric as nice ones are hard to find.

The sewing part of my week was spent cutting out a couple of projects, piecing this simple baby quilt..


I also finally got the piano key border made and on my black/white and red quilt.  The quilt kind of grew and ended up measuring about 60 x 77...


It took a long time to make the border but I am happy with the results.

So my stats for the week are:

Fabric purchased this week:  9 yards
Fabric used this week:  11.25 yards (backing, baby and lap quilts)

Fabric purchased YTD:  33.75
Fabric used YTD:  102.25

Ok, by the end of June I hope to use another 100 yards of fabric, do you think I will make it?




6 comments:

Kate said...

The piano border really works well with your black and red quilt. Congrats on getting that all added.

Good luck with your goal of another 100 yards of use by the end of June. You've done really well the first part of the year, I'm sure you'll make it.

Charlene S said...

Definitely! I just love your black and red quilt. Hope you don't mind if I borrow the idea.

Laura said...

I really like the black, white and red quilt too!

Libby in TN said...

Piano key border is a great addition. Love the red-white-black combo.

Scooquilt said...

You are allowed to buy a little, you've been using so much! Nice black and white quilt!

Mary-Kay said...

I love your black white and red quilt. My favourite colours. The piano key border turned out great.